Smart Wristband, an IoT Wearable – A Case Study
Providing smart wearable devices with custom IoT solutions.
In recent years, we have seen the evolution of smart IoT wearable technology taking over the digital lifestyle. With advanced technology ruling the real world, smart IoT wearables can potentially transform the way businesses globally run. It also changes the way we use, receive, and share the data.
Adapting to the usage of the trending concept can help businesses interact more with the consumers, understand their behavioral patterns, and leverage the advantages the technology provides to increase success growth.
Here is a case study on how Infomaze successfully assisted one of our clients in creating their smart wearable IoT device.
Automatic and real-time syncing of data including data from smartwatch resting heart rate monitor and beats per minute, data from the smartwatch with BP monitor, the number of steps taken, stairs climbed, calories burnt, tracking daily exercise and sleep, to name a few, in a cloud database server uninterruptedly.
A secure web application and a mobile app that reflects the data secured through the wearable sensor device in real-time. The data includes the wearer’s blood pressure, heart rate, body temperature, and map fencing feature for the client to monitor the location of the wearable device along with a secure login option.
Our client, a telecom network service provider from Canada, delivers end-to-end solutions on network communication and connectivity management for IoT devices. Developers at Infomaze at a full-tilt acknowledged the client’s requirement and drafted a workable design plan to fulfill the project.
Being the client’s prime approach to building an IoT device, we had to work through our innovations and creative thought process to complete the task.
The client approached us with their idea of building a smart wearable device that would track the user’s health parameters, which would help users stay updated with real-time information. The task was to create a UI design that would meet the project plan, integrate it to real-time location-based services, and connect the device to a secure database.
Hence a centralized IoT solution was required to bridge the wearable device to a digital IoT device.
- A maiden approach in building an IoT wearable device
- Working on the communication protocol between the device and the centralized server
- Integrating an open-source geo-tracking service
- Integrating an open-source geo-fencing service to stay connected with the consumers
- Designing an interactive UI and UX design
- Including all the latest attributes to measure the individual activity
- Real-time tracking of vitals and syncing the data to the database server
Our developers analyzed the client’s different ideologies in building the application and the entire control system. We created a structure considering the latest IoT wearable technology, coding interface, and database server to construct the system.
After analyzing the client’s requirements, we roughed out an IoT solution to automate the real-time services with our IoT application development services. Our expert IoT developers built a web app on ReactJS using MongoDB database and a mobile application on React Native to drive automation.
The IoT app we built allowed seamless communication between the smart IoT bracelet. We incorporated advanced features such as Geo-fencing, RFID activation, contact syncing, fall detection, tracking the user’s vitals, steps taken, and sleep, along with instant alerts and notifications.
Using RFID, we helped the smart wristband communicate and pass information in real-time with the web and the mobile application. Using geo-fencing, we also gave the admin the option to set boundaries.
We developed smart IoT wearables that calculated blood pressure, blood oxygen level (SpO2), body temperature, and heartbeat rate at fixed intervals. The IoT bracelet tracks the number of steps taken, calories burnt, sleep quality, along with the above, including functionalities. We created a straightforward, understandable graphical representation of real-time data on both the web application and the mobile application that our IoT experts innovatively developed, making it one of the best IoT wearables for health.
Technologies and Integration:
Here is a list of technologies and integration we chose to create the IoT system for this project.
- NodeJS – This framework provides non-blocking, event-driven servers. Though designed for real-time pushback architectures, it proves excellent support for traditional websites and back-end API services.
- Express JS – It is a minimal Node.js framework that is flexible and provides a robust set of features for building single-page, multi-page, and hybrid web applications.
- MongoDB – With vast volumes of data and user traffic, MongoDB is a cloud database provider that allows storing and retrieving data more powerfully.
- The IoT wristband enabled the user to monitor their health vitals in real-time with Improved real-time visibility.
- With the geofencing, the server records the real-time location details of the user with Improved location monitoring.
- All the events connected to the user are recorded in one place, giving insights on improving their lifestyle goals with Enhanced sync processes.
- The RFID tracking in Smart bracelet helps the users receive notifications on their smart IoT bracelets if they forget a planned task and send reminders of upcoming events with Regular vitals tracking.
- We set the threshold parameters for bio-monitoring, the graphical, easy visualization of data, and accessible communication through which the user received messages with Instant notifications.
- With the contact sync option that we provided with the two-way calling options, the user could handle calls and receive messages with Two-way calling. It was through an accessible communication channel set with the mobile and the web applications.
Overall, the client benefited from the real-time bio-monitoring through the wearables whose threshold parameters we set. Our smart IoT wearable solution turned turned the devices highly powerful and helped the client increase their ROI.
Why choose Infomaze for IoT app development?
Unlike others, we don’t just make tall promises but deliver quality solutions at affordable rates. We bridge the gap between the real and digital world by offering our clients the most innovative IoT solutions that streamline their internal and external processes and generate revenue simultaneously.
Our highly skilled developers build enterprise and consumer IoT applications that harness the power of machine learning and analytics. Added to this, we make use of the fastest and most competent IoT platforms, including IBM Watson, AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
We offer a complete range of custom IoT app development services from hardware integration to custom IoT app development services to transform your devices into AI-powered smart devices. We offer high-end IoT app development services tailored to fit various industries’ unique business requirements, from retail, manufacturing, sports, and technology to healthcare.
We have a highly competent IoT application development team, each having 5+ years of experience building state-of-the-art IoT apps that drive growth and revenue. We build IoT applications for all major industries, including clothing, manufacturing, healthcare, BPO, supply chain management, banking, finance, logistics, retail, marketing, etc.
All the above industries have one thing in common; they all require devices, appliances, or machines to communicate with each other to perform their unique functions efficiently and effectively.