Is your application running slow? Here are 5 easy quick fix tips
Know-How to Fix Application Running Slow
In the era of modern technology, where every business releases new technology with innovation every day, people don’t have the patience to stick if a website or application runs slow and takes more than two seconds to load. You have to remain on the tips of your toes to ensure you retain your potential customers.
Having your applications run efficiently is one of the most critical factors determining your company’s IT infrastructure’s critical success. At the same time, having a slow-running application impedes the company’s overall performance. If the application is slow, know how to troubleshoot and take necessary actions to fix the problem.
It is vital to determine why an application runs slowly, and its solutions are worth mentioning.
- Client-end sluggishness
- Slowed server
- Network issue
- Chatty interactive applications
- Database volume
Is your application running slow, and do you want to get it fixed by troubleshooting application performance issues immediately? It is easy to reach out to our web application development team or mobile app development team for mobile apps.
Talk to our experts about your business application needs. We will troubleshoot slow application performance and enhance user experience in no time.
It is significant to figure out when the problem occurs, from RUM (Real-user monitoring) solutions to application dependency mapping for better application performance management; it is essential to diagnose application slowness by troubleshooting step-wise.
The diagnosis inevitably consumes a considerable amount of time initially. But, it is worth the effort as it improves the application’s slowness troubleshooting performance.
Now, let us consider each step if the application is slow and how to troubleshoot the slowness mentioned above in detail with a solution.
Improve Application Performance and Check How to Fix Slow Running Application
- The client-end application might be slow for many reasons, be it competitiveness between the programs for resources, including CPU, bandwidth, memory, and low disk space, to name a few.
- To appropriately understand the issue on the client-end, it is crucial to have extensive knowledge of the client-end functional application infrastructure.
- Utilizing application performance management (APM) tools can detect process client-end delays.
- Once the client-end server interacts with the application server, it communicates with the middleware servers, corresponding with the database servers.
- If a single weak link between the servers or if the middleware asks many unnecessary questions, the application might slow down.
- A thorough Application Dependency Mapping using the right APM tool can reveal precisely where the weak link exists.
- Also, all servers mentioned above might communicate with a Domain Name System (DNS) server. Suppose the front-end user has sent misguided requests to a decommissioned DNS server. In that case, the server must time out its first inquiry and send a second round of requests, causing recurrent slowdowns in the application.
- Also, increased application traffic leads to insufficient bandwidth, and hardware issues, including faulty routers, firewalls, and switches, can cause an application to run slower.
- Prioritizing the applications running slow and maintaining hardware in perfect condition will help overcome the network issue.
- Application servers built to interact with themselves before communicating with the client-end might slow down because of the latency created with time.
- Increasing visibility for the requests sent by the client-end between the server systems is one way to prevent the application slowness and troubleshoot the problem at hand.
- If a one-time slowdown surfaces and an application runs slowly, the following solution application user will likely reach your customer support team. They might send an email, live chat message, or call, letting you know about the issue.
- When the database in use isn’t scalable, or when the multi-database queries have slower LANs and database locking increases, it increases the time the database has to spend on repeated execution of the inquiries receiving and processing and acting on the request retrieved. As a result, the application in question slows down in its performance.
- Proper monitoring of the wait-time analysis and troubleshooting slow application performance will help pinpoint where the issue might be occurring and sort the problem quickly to obtain a better-performing application.
- Businesses should practice frequent data backup because your website is still prone to downtime despite proactive measures. So it is vital to keep a backup in three copies of your data across two storage media and one with offsite backup.
- Many backup services provide an extra layer of protection during a crisis. We recommend setting up a secondary hosting account with another backup provider to store your data on a different server.
- A well-planned and implemented backup plan will be able to troubleshoot application performance issues and restore your system so the business operations will return to normal quickly.
If the application is slow and analyzed, how to troubleshoot even after a thorough six factors mentioned above that slow down an application is time to revamp its architecture.
As we all know, a slow-running application in your company’s IT infrastructure slows down the growth of your business.
At Infomaze, a Software development company, we can help you with cloud-computing monitoring, automation, and support at every step of your IT infrastructure – designing, developing, implementing, and deploying.
Hire offshore developers from Infomaze or contact our IT infrastructure solutions and service provider experts if you face similar issues. We will unload your problem by bringing you the best IT infrastructure solutions through our services.